Architectural Subcontract Shot Peening
Wheelabrator Impact provide a full range of modern non ferrous ceramic and glass bead peened finishes on stainless steel and aluminium. The range of shot peened finishes is known as ‘Peen Plus’. Architectural shot peen finishing is now the preferred finish solution for the cosmetic finish on stainless steel cladding, skirtings, doors and hand railing on underground and mainline railway stations, airport terminals as well as public and commercial buildings and sculptures.
The Peen Plus range of finishes is ideal for heavy pedestrian traffic areas and the finishes offer the following benefits:
• Completely non ferrous process resulting in no rust spots or inclusions
• Increased surface hardness of the material
• No need for additional coatings which are expensive to maintain, have a short shelf life and have a greater impact on the environment
• A proven lifetime guarantee finish
• Increased resilience to anti social behaviour.
• Increased resistance to corrosion
• Environmentally friendly as the material is fully recyclable
• A pleasing contemporary aesthetic look
• Low reflectivity
• Work hardened surface resulting in increased resilience to scratches
The architectural finishes are achieved utilising our expertise and fully automated shot peening equipment, ensuring a consistent and repeatable finish even on large surface areas and high volume projects
The Peen Plus finishes can be seen at many London Underground stations. There is also a handy presentation pack of Peen Plus swatch size samples available which is ideal for architects and fabricators’ libraries, if you would like a sample pack, please contact us
Read case study examples of how Wheelabrator Impact has shot peened materials to specific architectural finishes.
Shot peening subcontract services are offered globally but delivered in limited locations. Contact us to discuss your requirements.