History of Georg Fischer Shot Blast Systems
In 1937 Georg Fischer (the Foundry Equipment Division was latterly acquired by DISA) started production of shot blast machines under a license agreement from the American Foundry Equipment Company (Wheelabrator).
Over the years, the company introduced various new developments including wire and strip descaling machines. The company continued to develop its technology and introduced continuous tumble through-feed machines for foundry and forge applications in 1978. After further developments it launched manipulator machines in 1980.
The joint venture between DISA (a subsidiary of the A.P. Moller Group) and Georg Fischer (mother-company of Georg Fischer Foundry Systems Ltd.) was founded in 1996 as equal partners uniting two leading suppliers to the foundry industry. All shot blast activities from the former +GF+ and BMD were then unified in the “Shot Blast Systems” business unit. Manufacturing of machines was concentrated in Pribram (Czech Republic) where new facilities were built and opened in 1998. Shot blast activities were continuously extended and technologies were transferred mainly to new markets in India and China and local manufacturing was started in both countries. In 2000, the A.P. Moller Group acquired the shares held by Georg Fischer AG and the new DISA Group was founded. In 2005, DISA Group was acquired by Procuritas.
The merger of Wheelabrator and DISA occurred in 2009. The traditional moulding, sand and core technologies retain the brand DISA, whilst the DISA shotblasting range was rebranded Wheelabrator. View the range of Wheelabrator shot blasting equipment.
Do you own a Georg Fischer branded shot blast machine? Contact us for replacement parts, services, machine upgrades or machine replacement.