A Preservation line usually consists of:
- In-and out-feed roller conveyor (sometimes equipped with a cross conveyor to increase the efficiency)
- Pre-heater to heat up and dry incoming material (this enables the later-applied paint to dry more quickly)
- Roller conveyor shotblast machine (to treat plate widths between 1.5 and 5m, with working speeds of 1.0 – 10m/min)
- Spray booth to coat the freshly cleaned steel material with a layer of water or solvent-based primer to achieve a temporary corrosion protection
- Drying tunnel with slat conveyor to transport and dry the newly painted material and the continuous drying on the way to the exit of the tunnel
Specific features such as: combined direct flame and hot air circulation pre heating ovens, automatic width detection and wheel adjustment, TITAN wheels, and clean detector system make Wheelabrator Preservation lines the number one choice.