CT Through-feed Blast Cleaning Machine
18 weeks +
Cleaning, Corrosion Removal, Deburring, Deflashing, Rust and Heat Scale Removal
High cleaning capacity, short blasting times
Careful arrangement of blast wheels on the machine results in optimum utilisation of the abrasive energy
Full exposure of all workpiece surfaces to the blast stream
Entirely automatic, continuous production flow
- Blast cleaning performance is maintained at a consistently high level, regardless of fluctuations in production rates
- Easy maintenance set up
- Integration into existing production lines
- Leading technology, outstanding experience
- Adaptable inlet, outlet and blastroom set up to meet different workpiece configurations
- Adaptable to treat tumble-proof fragile castings
- Removing sand and cores from castings
- Descaling castings and forgings
- Handling mixed and single product runs
Consistently Good Cleaning Results, High Operation Safety, Low Energy Consumption and Minimal Wear
Workpiece dwell-time and abrasive throughput rates are controlled by the volume of castings. This results in the best possible cleaning effect and minimal wear on machine components and abrasive. Automatic adaptation to production rate is a standard feature. The barrel rotation speed and abrasive throughput are electronically controlled, based on preprogrammed parameters.
The unique design makes it easy to integrate CT blast cleaning machines into production lines. In a typical continuous production flow, castings leave the moulding line and pass through the cooling and sand / castings separating systems into the blast cleaning system without any manual operation or floor transportation.
Main Advantages of an Integrated Production Line
- Entirely automatic, continuous production flow
- Integrated cooling of castings and sand
- Recovery of moulding- and core sand during shot blasting by means of magnetic separator
- Minimal pollution through complete control and capture of dust throughout the production line right from punchout to cleaned castings
- Clearly arranged production processes, improved production consistency
- Short transport distances without intermediate stocking
- Reduced operating costs
- Minimal floor space requirement
- Little or no need for manual handling of the uncleaned workpieces
Advanced Workplace Ecology, Easy Maintenance, High Operation Safety
With the CT Blast cleaning machine integrated into a fully automatic production line, operators do not need to touch the workpieces until they come out of the machine – completely clean. The installation can be run without operator attendance and only requires periodic inspections.
In view of today’s heavy workloads, long maintenance intervals and minimal maintenance expenses are vital. Appropriate measures ensure good wear properties and complete ease of maintenance. Simple but effective sealing elements prevent leakage of shot. An efficient dust collector and a closed-loop abrasive transport system within the machine ensure environmentally responsible operation. The unique machine structure and easily accessible service platforms facilitate visual inspections and routine maintenance work. Safety elements make sure that access to the shot blast chamber is only possible when the machine is switched off and the blast wheels are no longer rotating.
Original wear and spare parts along with Wheelabrator service are best prerequisites to keep the blast cleaning system in perfect operating condition.
The blast wheel is the heart of the blasting machine, as the choice of blast wheel determines the power output and the economics.
This machine is fitted with U70x500 Universal (indirect drive) shot blast wheels as standard. The Wheels are highly flexible, compact and have rotation in both directions. They provide perfect blast cleaning results and highly convenient servicing features.
The U Blast Wheels are high capacity blast wheels with maximum energy efficiency. Their rugged design means that maintenance is easy, and the special and highly wear resistant cast alloy liners ensure minimum wear and maximum service life of the blast wheel.
Original OEM parts
We provide high quality, long lasting replacement parts. As the largest distributor of replacement parts in the industry we can deliver globally in the shortest timescales to prevent you having to have a large inventory stock on site or breaks in production.
Contact us directly +44 161 928 6388 or click the link to get to our contact form.
CT-2-45 / 7-430
|CT-4-45 / 5-430||
|Approx. throughput rate* (t/h)||3-5||8-14||6-24||18-30|
|Number of blast wheels||2||4||3-6||4-6|
|Power per blast wheel (kW)||45||45||45-55||55-110|
|Max. workpiece diagonal (mm)
|Max. sand separation (kg/min)||40-80||40-100||60-250||80-300|
* Depending on the type of parts, production method, etc.