Our engineers spend time to understand your challenges and provide the latest Wheelabrator technology solutions to upgrade and modernise your equipment so that you can meet your customers' needs whilst cost effectively extending the lifespan of your current investment.
Operational and process issues
You are treating a different product or the original product has been altered
- Your manufacturing method has changed
- Machine reliability has reduced
- You are unable to meet output demands
- It is taking longer to clean the product
- A superior standard of cleaning is required
- A higher level of contaminant is present after cleaning
- The machine is already working at full capacity leaving your maintenance team with no time to inspect equipment and complete any necessary repair
- You are aware that advances in technology could enable your process to be faster, cheaper or better
Health and Safety issues
- Housekeeping issues, such as the amount of abrasive carry out currently requiring manual tidying
- Ergonomic improvements are needed, for instance product handling may need to be automated if the product has increased in weight
- To meet legislation requirements, for example emission regulations
- To improve waste disposal
Contact us to see how we can help improve your equipment performance.
Benefits of Equipment upgrade
|Increase machine uptime and reliability||Lower maintenance costs|
|Reduce blast cycle time||Reduce machine wear|
|Achieve a higher cleaning standard||Decrease operational risks|
|Improve cost/performance ratio||Superior abrasive separation|
Example applications include
- Wheels - repositions, conversions, additional wheels
- Machine conversions - cabinet lining systems, tumblast mill upgrades
- Health and safety - hydraulic loaders, safety gates, dust collectors
- Recycling systems - airwash separators, magnetic separators
- Abrasive - auto abrasive replenishers including level sensing and bulk containers
Non-Wheelabrator Equipment Upgrade
An equipment upgrade from Wheelabrator Plus will enable you to completely modernise your current shot blast equipment, giving you all the advantages of a new machine at a lower cost.
As all equipment upgrades are customised to meet your individual needs, any make or model of shotblast equipment can be upgraded.
Additionally, Wheelabrator Plus will provide follow up support and advice on an ongoing basis providing your maintenance teams with confidence and technical assistance should they require it.
Wheelabrator provides a wide range of replacement wear parts for non Wheelabrator blast equipment as part of the ASTRAL Collection.
Depending upon your specific requirements Wheelabrator can work with you to give your equipment a complete overhaul to meet your blasting requirements. Examples of machine conversions include:
Tumblast machine conversions such as mill upgrades, dual wheel packages, recycling system upgrades, loaders and the addition of discharge conveyors.
Cabinet liners can be upgraded to reduce the wear caused by the abrasive. If the abrasive has changed you may need to review the lining of the machine,
this could dramatically reduce the amount you spend on replacement parts
- Rubber to polyurethane
- Rubber to manganese plate
- Manganese plate to cast liners
Roof tunnels and floors (louvre plates) can also be upgraded to prevent excessive wear.
If you require any additional information, please contact us.
Dust Collectors and Waste Disposal
The efficiency of cartridge type systems enables air to be discharged back into the factory, therefore having the flexibility to be situated where convenient, whereas the bag system must be located next to an external wall for outside discharge.
Options of adding stack monitors and alarms to a dust collector will allow you to detect any abnormal dust discharge levels, ensuring compliance to health and safety standards.
Introducing an automated differential pressure monitor unit to your shot blast machine will measure the differential pressure ensuring compressed air is only used when necessary, thereby reducing your running costs and optimising the most economical use of the dust collectors.
Discharge of waste into euro bags is the most effective process to remove dust waste in a responsible way, reducing health and safety risks and improving the working environment.
Wheelabrator Plus ensures that you are back in production as quickly as possible.
If you are planning to relocate, Wheelabrator Plus can safely and quickly move, reassemble and recommission your surface preparation machine to the new location, reducing your downtime and ensuring that you are back in production as quickly as possible.
Experienced in moving single machines or more complicated projects, such as complete factory transfers, we are equipped with the necessary tools to project manage and support you to ensure a successful relocation process.