The U-Blast Wheel
Profitability through flexibility, high capacity and efficiency
Wheelabrator utilizes the latest technology in their blast wheel solutions to address the growing demands of surface preparation. Universal blast wheels ensure high blast cleaning performance and maximum energy efficiency to meet or exceed customer expectations.
Universal blast wheels are well proven in numerous – especially heavy-duty applications - operating under difficult conditions. They provide perfect blast cleaning results and highly convenient servicing features (long maintenance intervals, save and easy accessibility and short maintenance time required).
The wheel has been designed to fit many requirements and includes various designs, sizes and power ranges.
- Designs: direct drive or V-belts
- Sizes: U 70, U 105
- Power ranges: 11 to 110 kW
- Different blade lengths (envelope circle diameter): 380 mm (340 mm / 410 mm); 500 mm (430 mm)
- Blade widths: 70 respectively 105 mm
- Frequency: 50 / 60 Hz or frequency converter
- Wear-resistant material or carbide alloys
- Electric or pneumatic setting of the control cage
- V-belt tensioning device
- Pivotable blast wheel housing (positioning of the blasting stream to suit a specific workpiece)
High flexibility due to reversibility of wheel rotation
- Compact design
- Improved intensity of abrasive distribution (throwing angle, intensity peak) to ensure maximum cleaning efficiency
- Almost infinitely variable adjustment of the throwing speed to suit all customer requirements
- Ease and precision of setting the blasting stream assures optimal blast cleaning efficiency and minimises wear on the liners and the machine
- The low height of the wheel shaft provides sufficient angular freedom for adjusting the abrasive stream
- The direction of rotation can be reversed by remote control without any manual intervention to allow for a much greater variety of blast cleaning different parts