HTS Hanger Type Blast Cleaning Machine
18 weeks +
Cleaning, Corrosion Removal, Rust and Heat Scale Removal
Heavy duty, compact and rugged design
Long life, due to use of highly wear-resistant materials
High blasting capacity and efficiency
High operational safety
- Economical abrasive consumption, reliable cleaning and dust collection
- Easy integration into existing production lines
- High sand separation capacity with combined magnetic and air-wash separation
- Low maintenance, and maintenance-friendly design (easy access to maintenance areas, external bearings, easily replaceable wear parts)
- Desanding, decoring and surface finishing of iron, steel and light metal castings, including parts susceptible to breakage and impact damage
- Descaling of forgings, hardened or heat treated steel parts
- Surface preparation before coating or other applications
- Corrosion, rust and heat scale removal
A Solution Tailored to Your Needs
Main Machine Components
- Sturdy, welded housing structure in manganese steel reinforced with profiles
- Additional bolted and suspended manganese wear plates in the hot area
- Heavy-duty, direct drive blast wheels
- Lower vibrating conveyor to separate gating or feeder parts and burrs from abrasive media
- Lower rotating scalping drum for light duty application
- Abrasive cleaning and separation using combined magnetic / air-wash separators
- Overhead monorail in a variety of configurations
Machine parts (including front wall, floor and roof) directly exposed to the blast stream and subject to increased wear are protected by replaceable manganese steel liners.
- Frequency converters on blast wheels
- Frequency converter on hook rotation
- Pitless arrangement (no foundation pit)
- Abrasive replenisher
- Rotary cell on dust collector
- Heavy hook load up to 1.5 tons
- Single track or double Y-track conveyor
- Automatic lifting hoists
- Closed loop conveyor (pass-through)
The unique blast wheel arrangement optimises shot coverage on all surfaces of components, even on undercut walls and areas. In addition to multiple blast positions, this reduces blasting time greatly and delivers optimum cleaning performance.
Overhead Monorail Systems: Complete Flexibility
Part handling is done in reversible or through-feed operation depending on requirements.
Within the blasting zone the hanger is rotated and moved in different positions by a drive unit. This mode of operation allows blasting from different angles thus avoiding blast shadows.
Standard Hanger Systems
The shape and design of the hangers depends on the parts to be cleaned and the task to be performed. Options:
Manually Actuated Hangers
- For small series and unit weights of up to 800 kg, (optional 1500 kg)
- Used on single track or Y shaped conveyor solutions
Automatic Driven Hanger Options
- Self driving hook, on single track solution, with electric lifting hoist option, 1.5 t load
- Double self driving hooks, on Y shaped track, with optional electric lifting hoists, 1.5 ton load
- Closed loop conveyor, with automatic chain drive and 6 hooks on basic version, each with 1.5 t load
Pre-programmable drive mechanisms roll on a carrying rail with power supply and have individual drive units. Loading and unloading areas can be adapted to suit requirements. To control the transport direction the hangers travel in a rail system with switch points and positioning systems and with lifting and lowering elements integrated into the overall monorail system.
Strait Y-shape Oval for continuous operation
Efficient Cleaning of Abrasive for Perfectly Clean Castings
Clean workpieces are reliant on clean abrasive. Abrasive that has been contaminated by moulding, core sand or scale will considerably reduce the cleaning capacity of any shot blast machine. It also increases wear and causes deposit built-up on the workpieces. Sand, scale, heavy dust, fines and undersized abrasive have to be effectively removed. Taking the type and possible degree of impurities into account, Wheelabrator uses proven magnetic separators with final pneumatic cleaning for heavily contaminated abrasive (generated in combined shot blasting, decoring, and desanding plants).The dust produced is completely separated using appropriate filters. Continuous dust collection assures an efficient and environmentally responsible operation and perfect functioning of the abrasive separators.Hanger type blast cleaning machines meet the requirements of European production standards and are CE certified. They stand for long-lasting, manufacturing quality and provide operational reliability for many years, even in demanding service conditions.
HTS Hanger Type Machine Animation
Watch the 3D animation here
Universal Blast Wheel
The blast wheel is the heart of the blasting machine, as the choice of blast wheel determines the power output and the economics.
This machine is fitted with U70x380 (direct drive) shot blast wheels as standard. The Wheels are highly flexible, compact and have rotation in both directions. They provide perfect blast cleaning results and highly convenient servicing features for all heavy duty and foundry applications.
The U Blast Wheels are high capacity blast wheels with maximum energy efficiency. Their rugged design means that maintenance is easy, and the special and highly wear resistant cast alloy liners ensure minimum wear and maximum service life of the blast wheel.
|Envelope circle Ø (mm)||1100||1300||1500||1500||1500|
|Hanger height (mm)||1250||1500||1600||2100||2100|
|Max. Hook load (kg)||800||800||1500||1500||1500|
|Number of blast wheels||2||2||3||3||4|
|Power per blast wheel (kW)||15 (11)||15 (11)||22 (15)||22 (15)||22 (15)|
We provide high quality, long lasting replacement parts. As the largest distributor of replacement parts in the industry we can deliver globally in the shortest timescales to prevent you having to have a large inventory stock on site or breaks in production.
We will tailor our service contract to your new equipment and usage, visiting you to ensure to have the optimum uptime and performance for your production needs.